Image courtesy of Inpress images - Coventry Telegraph 06/07/2010
A COVENTRY IT firm is on the road to success after it completed a quartet of deals with automotive and engineering firms.
Maple Systems, in Westwood Business Park, has completed a deal to supply specialist software to CPP Manufacturing Ltd, which produces bodies and final assembly for Dutch supercar manufacturer Spyker.
The deal with Wheler Road-based CPP, which also carries out work for Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Jaguar Land Rover, follows on from a major software installation for the car manufacturer of one of the latest F1 teams and recent deals with local car companies Axon Automotive and XK Engineering.
Maple Systems will now help CPP to integrate enterprise resource planning software Sage 200 into its manufacturing processes for a wide range of customer car build programmes, parts manufacture and special projects.
CPP has also recruited Andrew Briggs, an IT systems professional to lead the multi-site implementation programme of Sage 200 ERP.
The software performs tasks such as automatically re-ordering parts as necessary and will allow the firm to run its manufacturing processes more efficiently and avoid unnecessary delays or costs. Alan Alcock, IT strategy consultant to CPP, said: “We have been using Sage 50, the software package below this, for around seven years now but as the business has grown so have the technical demands of the company.
“We run a large and diverse operation which means this software is essential to help us manage and run the building processes as efficiently as possible.
“There are around ten car assembly stations and various production cells for parts ranging from doors to exterior bright-ware at our plant in operation at any one time.
“If one of these is held up for any reason the whole production line could be hindered and we are keen to operate as efficiently as possible.”
Maple Systems will help CPP to make a transition from Sage 50 to the new Sage 200 system over the coming weeks.
Nic Rowley, business solutions manager for Maple Systems, said he was delighted to add another prestigious name to its client list.
“To have secured yet another contract of this scale is a great achievement for us –especially when we consider the size of some of our competitors in this field,” he said.
“It is also nice to be working closely with a local company based in the city and we are looking forward to the task in hand.
“This is the fourth contract of its kind we have taken on in around an 18-month period
Sage 200 Suite
Putting you firmly in control.
The Sage 200 Platform forms the basis of the suite, which includes the following 'core' software:
- Sage 200 Financials - to manage your accounting processes, now includes
- Sage 200 BI - powerful analysis and reporting which will transform data into meaningful intelligence.
- Sage 200 CRM - managing processes across sales, marketing, service and support teams
Register for a Sage 200 Demonstration
Additional modules can then be added to fit your business needs,
- Sage 200 Commercials - manages sales and purchase order processing, pricing, stock management and distribution
- Sage 200 Manufacturing - software that helps you manage your manufacturing processes more easily.
- Sage 200 Project Accounting - manages project costing, billing and analysis. Add-on software (Sage Web Time & Expenses) is available allowing the remote entry of time and expense details
- Sage 200 Bill of Materials - controls the processes of assembling finished goods from start to finish.
- Sage 200 Construction - manages all processes related to Construction from estimates through to final billing.
- Sage 200 Wholesale and Retail - a merchandise management system for wholesalers, retailers and trade counter businesses.
The software helps staff work together more effectively and limited or expensive resources are optimised. Managers have instant access to company-wide information and are equipped to plan for the future.
Many elements of the suite have evolved over a long period of time; for example, Sage 200 Financials and Sage 200 Commercials are based on Sage MMS, a tried and tested system available for some years. Likewise, Sage 200 CRM has been available for many years as standalone CRM software.
Sage 200 Offers
- Unrivalled usability
- Straightforward to implement and easy to learn
- 'Out of the box' software for companies with complex business processes
- An ideal upgrade path for Sage 50 users who are experiencing rapid growth
- Utilises a SQL relational database for scalability (typically up to 50 users), robustness and ease of integration with other applications.
- Powerful tools to enable third party developers to customise and integrate with your software.
Watch a Sage 200 Manufacturing customer testimonial
System Requirements - SAGE 200 PDF