In-depth information for Sage 200 Manufacturing
Sage 200 Manufacturing allows you to manage and control your business more effectively, increasing customer satisfaction and profitability.
It enables you to track supply chain activities in detail, end-to-end, so you can maintain maximum productivity.
Sage 200 Manufacturing consists of the following modules and you can use it to batch manufacture items or as one-off jobs, or both.
Sage 200 Manufacturing overview
We have worked closely with our customers and partners to create a manufacturing solution that provides the things to support your business’s production processes. We also offer add-ons, which can meet more bespoke requirements.
- Track supply chain activities in detail, from end to end. It enables you to maintain maximum productivity whilst increasing profitability.
- Get the information you need to manage and control your business more effectively.
- Whether you are primarily a manufacturer or simply need some manufacturing capability, it supports assembly, repackaging of bulk items, resource planning, scheduling work and materials.
- Use Sage 200 Manufacturing to batch manufacture items or as one-off jobs, or both.
- Sage 200 Manufacturing supports mixed-mode production environments including Job Shop, Batch and Semi-Process, Make to Stock and Make to Order. These all help to reduce lead times and optimise your internal operations, increase quality and thereby boost customer satisfaction.
Sage 200 Manufacturing System Manager Module
- Standardise settings across different production areas within your business and across the individual modules
- Sage 200 Manufacturing is able to issue Certificates of Conformity, making it easier for you to monitor quality standards and take the required actions to ensure you manufacture products of the highest quality, to meet the expectations of your customers at all times
- Stores master records for machine and labour resources and holds a library of production operations
Sage 200 Estimating Module
Use the Sage 200 Estimating module to manage production for one-off jobs or non-repetitive batch production:
- Create detailed estimates, outlining each stage of the production
- Create estimates quickly, using a default production stage
- Create many estimates for one customer at one time
- Enter estimate costs (base currency only) for each stage of the job, under various job cost types
- Convert estimates to sales orders, works orders or BOMs
Sage 200 Planning Module
Use the Sage 200 planning modules to collate production demand and generate a list of recommendations to satisfy that demand.
- Sage 200 Make to Stock: use the Sage 200 Make to Stock module to manage items that you want to make to stock, independently of demand
- Sage 200 Sales Forecasts: Use the Sage 200 Sales Forecasts module to manage items that you require to stock, based on forecasts of future sales
Sage 200 Master Production Schedule (MPS):
- Consider all demands in the system (sales orders, BOMs, estimates, make to stock items and sales forecasts)
- Construct an inventory of work that needs to be done to meet the demand
Sage 200 Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- View the inventory of work created by the Sage 200 MPS module
- Generate recommendations for buying (raising purchase orders) or making (raising works orders) stock – they can be amended, filtered and sorted, combined or split and then automatically create Purchase and Works Orders, saving time and eliminating the need to manually key data.
- Recommendations are made considering: lead times, stock levels, work in progress, on order quantities, minimum levels, batch sizing rules, stock locations.
- View a list of predicted stock for all or a range of products in each time period. If Sage 200 is using multiple locations, you can also look at a range of products from an individual warehouse. You can see stock predictions for products below minimum level, those with negative stock, or those above maximum level.
Sage Graphical Planner: use the powerful graphical planner, powered by Preactor, the market leading specialist for planning and scheduling software, alongside the Sage 200 MRP module, to:
- Manipulate your master production schedule graphically
- Produce and assess different plans to meet your day-to-day scheduling needs
- Create an optimised, achievable production plan.
- Make the most efficient use of resources whether these are machines or labour.
Sage 200 Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Ideal for businesses involved in light assembly that don’t require the full complexity of the manufacturing modules.
- Breaks down your manufacturing operation into areas, including materials, labour, machines, operations, and reporting.
- Multiple versions of a BOM can be stored and used, one of which is ‘live’ at a given time. With version control, only one person can edit or change a BOM at any time. Full change history is stored for each BOM.
- Track changes to BOM cost over time, which enables you to track material costs changing over time for example.
- Use flexible build options to set sub-assembly builds, builds from stock, a combination of these or products with multiple units of measure. Picking lists can be produced at any time. Multiple finished items can be included in stock calculations and allocations to ensure allocated goods are not used in error by another process.
- Add detailed costs for each unit or build run. You can assign labour and machine time for each assembly process to ensure accurate costing and enables detailed costing analysis of builds.
- Full batch or serial number processing. Our software can record this, enabling you to trace it to the customers who received it. The software automatically maintains essential quality standards and detailed traceability.
Use the Sage 200 Bill of Materials module to manage repetitive batch item production:
- List the components and processes Raw materials used to manufacture finished goods that make up a Bill of Materials (BOMA stock assembly and process costing system, which provides facilities to specify the structure of finished items in terms of sub-assemblies and components.)
- Record and review changes to components and assemblies
- Apply materials, labour, machine, tooling, sub-contract and piece work costs
- Use the Trial Kitting option to check whether you have sufficient stock to build a quantity of BOMs
- Identify shortages and raise purchase orders to cover these
- If you are using Bill of Materials with Manufacturing modules, you can create works orders or sales orders or add the BOM to the list of make to stock items
- Allocate and reserve stock to build finished items by creating BOM allocations or by building immediately
- Manage BOM components and BOM history globally
Sage 200 Works Orders Module
- Create batch or one-off works orders manually, or update automatically generated orders
- Link works orders to sales orders
- Allocate and issue stock to works orders
- Manage picking lists and produce works order documentation
- Manage sub-contracting operations for batch works orders
- Manage scrapping of failed components and items and substitution of alternatives
- Cost batch works orders to compare planned and achieved costs
- Complete and close works orders, passing accurate production costs to the inventory
Sage 200 Operation Times Module
Use the Sage 200 Operation Times module, alongside the Sage 200 Works Orders module, to record shop floor operation times retrospectively or in real time.